Also representing MNC were a few athletes and coaches at the Colchester Fun Run - organized by the Mallorys. Ethan Thibault and Nigel Sarrazin (both Colchester HS/MNC) ran around 18:20 for the 3 mile race on a hilly course. Coach Erin Mallory ran with her fiance, and I jumped in with some friends and managed to win in 17:24. Second overall went to former Colchester HS coach (and former Middlebury ski teamer) Kyle Dezotell.
TRAINING NEXT WEEK:
Monday 7/9: 8:30 - 10:30 @ The Range. Classic ski + specific strength.
Wednesday 7/11: 8:30 - 10:30 @ Sleepy Hollow. Running, bounding and games.
Thursday 7/12: 4:30 - 6:30 @ The Range. Skate rollerski + speed.
Saturday 7/14: 9:00 - 11:00ish @ Honey Hollow Road (Bolton). Running/hiking and bounding.
Other upcoming events:
Camel's Hump Hike (mark your calendars!):
- Bring the whole family, bring a friend, bring a friend-of-a-friend
- Tentatively scheduled for Sunday August 5th
- Let's see how many people we can get on the summit for a photo!!
- Saturday 7/21
- at CVU high school in Hinesburg
- Bring a helmet and ski boots; we provide the rollerskis!